Now this is very scary, while searching for "solr direct access per docid" I
got a hit
from US Homeland Security Digital Library. Interested in what they have to tell
me
about my search I clicked on the link to the page. First the page had nothing
unusual
about it, but why I get the hit?
http://www.hsdl.org/?collection/stratpol&id=4

Inspecting the page source view shows that they have the solr query displayed
direct
on their page as "span" with "style=display:none".
-- snippet --
<!-- Search Results -->

(TabSection:("Congressional hearings and testimony", "Congressional
reports", "Congressional resolutions", "Directives (presidential)", "Executive
orders", "Major Legislation", "Public laws", "Reports (CBO)",
"Reports (CHDS)", "Reports (CRS)",...
AND (Title_nostem:("China Forces Senior Intelligence Officer")^10
AlternateTitle_nostem:("China Forces Senior Intelligence
Officer")^9)&sort=score
desc&rows=30&start=0&indent=off&facet=on&facet.limit=10000&facet.mincount=1&fl=AlternateTitle_text,Collection,CoverageCountry,CoverageState,Creator_nostem,DateLastModified,DateOfRecordEntry,Description_text,DisplayDate,DocID,ExternalDocId,ExternalDocSource,FileDate,FileExtension,FileSize,FileTitle_text,Format,Language,PublishDate,Publisher_text,Publisher_nostem,ReportNumber,ResourceType,RetrievedFrom,Rights,Subjects,Source,TabSection,Title_text,URL_text,Alternate_URL_text,CreatedBy,ModifiedBy,Notes&wt=phps&facet.field=Creator&facet.field=Format&facet.field=Language&facet.field=Publisher&facet.field=TabSection</span>
-- snippet --

As you can see I have searched for "China Forces Senior Intelligence Officer"
so this is directly showing the
query string.
Do they know that there is also a delete by query?
And the are also escape sequences?

This is what I call scary.
Maybe some of the US fellows can give them a hint and a helping hand.

Regards
Bernd