I found some discussion saying that starting in 3.1, files that you xinclude with a relative path from something like solrconfig.xml are relative to the location of the file with the xinclude.

I use a directory structure where solrconfig.xml in the individual core directory is a symlink to another directory, so that similar cores can share configs. Currently those xincludes are absolute paths, but when I move to Solr4, I want to make them relative so that multiple config structures can coexist. Will a relative xinclude start at the location of the symlink, or the actual file? I can't try it out at this time, though I will do so in a few days. If someone happens to know, it would help me greatly.

I'd like to learn what the community thinks SHOULD happen with a symlinked xml file that has relative xincludes. Should the includes be relative to the actual file or the symlink? Is this a question more suited to the -dev list?

Thanks,
Shawn