Wait, when you say "the data can be pushed to the slave...on need basis" do you
mean you're _indexing_ data to the slave? This is a definite no-no,
Solr will get
all confused about what the proper version is and all bets are off.

If you need to control replication to the slave, I suggest you index
to the master,
commit, and force replication to the slave via HTTP commands, see:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication#HTTP_API

the "fetchindex" command.

Best
Erick