Hello,

I was under the impression that edismax was supposed to be crash proof
and just ignore bad syntax. But I am either misconfiguring it or hit a
weird bug. I basically searched for text containing '/' and got this:

{
  'responseHeader'=>{
    'status'=>400,
    'QTime'=>9,
    'params'=>{
      'qf'=>'TitleEN DescEN',
      'indent'=>'true',
      'wt'=>'ruby',
      'q'=>'foo/bar',
      'defType'=>'edismax'}},
  'error'=>{
    'msg'=>'org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.ParseException:
Cannot parse \'foo/bar \': Lexical error at line 1, column 9.
Encountered: <EOF> after : "/bar "',
    'code'=>400}}

Is that normal? If it is, is there a known list of characters I need
to escape or do I just have to catch the exception and tell user to
not do this again?

Regards,
   Alex.

at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)