Hi,

Im using solr 3.6.1 version. I have kept corex as the common core i.e. I ve
used the sharding concept on this core to get the indexed data from all the
other cores.

Here, If i use grouping with groups.limit=0, its resulting in the following
exception

numHits must be > 0; please use TotalHitCountCollector if you just need the
total hit count  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: numHits must be > 0;
please use TotalHitCountCollector if you just need the total hit count
at org.apache.lucene.search.TopFieldCollector.create
at
org.apache.lucene.search.grouping.AbstractSecondPassGroupingCollector.<init>
at org.apache.lucene.search.grouping.TermSecondPassGroupingCollector.<init>
at
org.apache.solr.search.grouping.distributed.command.TopGroupsFieldCommand.create
at org.apache.solr.search.grouping.CommandHandler.execute
at org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.process
at org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody
at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute
at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute
at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle

But, the same is working fine if I leave out groups.limit or give any other
non zero digit as value for the same.

I also applied the patch file found in the below url and its still having
the same problem.

Can you tell me if this can be rectified in any way Or If I am missing out
anything?

Thank You