Hi,

I have a StrField to store an URL. The field definition looks like this:
<field name="link" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" required="true" />

Type "string" is defined as usual:
<fieldType name="string" class="solr.StrField" sortMissingLast="true" />

Then I realized that a StrField doesn't execute any analyzers and stored data
verbatim. The data is just a single token.

The purpose of stored="true" is to store the raw string data besides the
analyzed/transformed data for displaying purposes. This is fine for an analyzed
solr.TextField, but for an StrField both values are the same. So is there any
reason to apply stored="true" on a StrField as well?

I ask, because I found a lot of sites and tutorials applying stored="true" on
StrFields as well. Do they all to it wrong or am I missing something here?