I've looked through documentation and postings and expect that a single
filter cache entry should be approx MaxDoc/8 bytes.

Our frequently updated index (replication every 3 minutes) has maxdoc ~= 23
Million.

So I'm figuring 3MB per entry.  With CacheSize=512 I expect something like
1.5GB of RAM, but with the server in steady state after 1/2 hour, it is 7GB
larger than without the cache.

I can understand maybe a 2x difference, given the warming searcher but 4x I
don't understand.

I do have maxWarmingSearchers = 2, but have never seen 2 searchers
sumiltaneously being warmed.

Ideas anybody?