Take a look at admin/analysis on the text_general type You'll see that
StandardTokenizer is breaking the input strings up into individual tokens
on the colons and hyphens, so
2010-01-27T00:00:00Z
becomes the tokens
2010 01 27T00 00 00Z

admin/analysis should be your first reflex when you encounter things like
this <G>...

Best
Erick