: In Solr 3.6, core swap function works good. After switch to use Solr 4.0
: Beta, and found it doesn't work well.

can you elaborate on what exactly you mean by "doesn't work well" ? ..
what does your solr.xml file look like? what command did you run to do the
swap? what results did you get from those commands?  what exactly did you
observe after teh swap and how did you observe it?

: I tried to swap two cores, but it still return old core data when do the
: search. After restart tomat which contain Solr, it will mess up when do the
: search, seems it will use like oldcoreshard|newcoreshard to do the search.
: Anyone hit this issue?

how did you "do the search" ? is it possible you were just seeing your
browser cache the results?  Do you have persistent="true" in your solr.xml
file? w/o that changes made via the CoreAdmin commands won't be saved to
disk.

I just tested using both 4.0-BETA and the HEAD of the 4x branch and
couldn't see any problems using SWAP  (i tested using 'java
-Dsolr.solr.home=multicore/ -jar start.jar' and indexing some trivial
docs, and then tested again after modifying the solr.xml to use
persistent="true")

-Hoss