I was just thinking that there is now a couple of SOLR hosting
providers (e.g. https://www.dotcloud.com/, but I think there were
several).

Wouldn't be nice if one of them had a fully setup SOLR4 instance with
the 'example' configuration loaded. Then, anybody could go experiment
with it even before having an instance up. All the documentation
examples could point to that instance, so even those who have SOLR
instance but want to quickly check the documentation and sample output
could do it.

Of course, the provider could have some additional information
identifying that they are providing the service and therefore getting
some extremely viable business leads for their service..... Either
something in Debug or in some other way.

Does that sound like a good idea? I would recommend Apache to own the
domain record itself - just in case - but otherwise it sounds like a
win/win/win.

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)