I use text_en_splitting from example distribution, which does have
autoGeneratePhraseQueries:
        <fieldType name="text_en_splitting" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100" autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true">

But I do not see the other omit options anywhere in solr.config and
definitely not for the field or field type definition:
<field name="NamesEN" type="text_en_splitting" multiValued="true"
indexed="true" stored="true" />

I am not sure what the defaults are either. I am using version 1.5 of
the schema and it says in the example schema.xml:
       1.2: omitTermFreqAndPositions attribute introduced, true by
default except for text fields.
Does it mean it is by default true for "text_en_splitting" or false
because it is a text field. Wiki does not say anything else.

I can disable autoGeneratePhraseQueries as the next step I guess
(still not sure exactly what it does anyway), but I still remain
somewhat confused on the other two fields.

Regards,
   Alex.

at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)