That's exactly the way I do it when I have to write some custom stuff.

My problem is that I do not know how to integrate an Analyzer's
reusability-feature into a Unit-Test to see what happens if - i.e. - a
TokenFilter-instance is going to be reused.

Some TokenFilter-prototypes I've seen are stateful and do not "reset"
their state as neccessary in order to be reused. This problem only
occurs when I deploy those Filters to Solr and index or search for some
documents (which does not always calls create() on the
TokenFilterFactory).  However I have to be able - at least somehow - to
tackle those problems in Unit-Tests instead of noticing such problems
after a deployment to Solr.

So my question is:
How can I (Unit-)test a TokenFilter with an Analyzer which reuses the
same TokenFilter instance for more than one Input-TokenStream?

Kind regards,
Em