Hello,

I think you don't have that much tuning possiblities using only the
schema.xml file.

You will have to write some custom Java code (subclasses of
UpdateRequestProcessor and UpdateRequestProcessorFactory), build a Java jar
containing your custom code, put that jar in one of the path declared your
solrconfig.xml (<lib> </lib>) -- or add a new one,  and finally tune the
update processors chain configuration (still in solrconfig.xml) so your
custom update processor is used.

See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor which uses exactly
your use case as an example.

I hope this will help you :)