Hi,

If you are not searching against your master, and you shouldn't (and
it sounds like you aren't), then you don't have to worry about
disabling caches - they will just remain empty.  You could comment
them out, but I think that won't actually disable them.

Warmup queries you can just comment our in solrconfig.xml.

Otis