Hi all,

Congrats on the 4.0.0 delivery, it's a pleasure to work with!

I have a small problem that I am trying to "elegantly" resolve: while using
multi-select faceting it might happen that a facet is selected which is not
part of the facet list (due to limit for example). When executing the query I
cannot then get the facet's value count as it still outside of the scope of the
limit.

for a sample query:
http://192.168.160.2:8983/solr/select?fq={!tag=scat}category:Article&facet.field={!ex=scat}category&q=*:*&facet=true&facet.limit=5&facet.mincount=1

I have the following results:

<lst name="facet_fields">
<lst name="category">
<int name="Organic Papers">6225</int>
<int name="Metal-Organic Papers">3055</int>
<int name="Research Papers">236</int>
<int name="Inorganic Papers">187</int>
<int name="Addenda and Errata">59</int>
</lst>
</lst>

Note that the facet (category:Article) is not present within the facet_fields
result. I've thought of running 2 facet queries where one is not tagged and
merge the 2 list within the UI. Is that the best solution available, or should
the facet of fq be present (as sticky) within the facet_list?

Cheers,

_Stephane