Hello,

Did you try q=-geodata:[* TO *] ? (Note the '-' (minus))
This reads as "documents without any value for field named geodata".

Also if you plan to use this intensively, you'd better declare a boolean
field telling if geodata are set or not and set a value to each doc,
because the -field_name:[* TO *] is an expansive query, especially on large
data sets.

Regards,

--
Tanguy