On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Aaron Daubman <daub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm wondering if somebody would please explain why
> SolrIndexSearcher.java enforces mutual exclusion of filter and
> filterList
> (e.g. see:
> https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/SolrIndexSearcher.java#L2039
> )

AFAIK, It's only prevented because it's not implemented (or at least
it wasn't in the past.)  Things may have changed since I restructured
filtering to implement post filters though.  If you remove the checks,
does everything actually work today?

It was never implemented because Solr didn't use it itself (and the
vast majority of people use Solr as-is w/o internal customization).
Should be fine to support as long as it doesn't complicate the
implementation too much.

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com