All - I'm a bit new to Solr and looking for documentation or guides on
implementing Solr as an enterprise search solution over some other products we
are currently using. Ideally, I'd like to find out information about

*         General Solr server hardware requirements and approx. starting size
for a 3 million document index

*         Approximate time to setup and configure Solr for a 3 million document

*         Number of FTE's typically that folks see to setup and configure Solr

*         Approximate number of FTE's necessary to maintain Solr on an ongoing
basis

Any general FTE information, implementation timeline information, or cost
comparison data you may have, I'd find extremely interesting.

I've looked for this type of data blogs and on the Lucene site but haven't been
able to find much information in these areas.

Thanks!
Seth