Yes, that is true. We are looking for partial word matches. It seems like
we can achieve this by using edge ngram for prefixes and adding wild card
at the end for ignoring suffix. If we set the edge ngram to 3. "eng" will
match ResidentEng but not ResidentEngineer. But a search for "eng*" will
match both ResidentEngineer and ResidentEngine and Engine etc.

Thank you for your responses. We were able to convince the business users
that partial word searching is not expected behavior and will generate more
results than needed so the partial word search requirement was dropped :)

Thanks again.