Ah, I have fixed it. It was necessary to import the files into Zookeeper
using the file.encoding system property and set it to UTF-8. Then it
worked. Hooray. :)

e.g.

java -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dbootstrap_confdir=/home/me/myconfdir
-Dcollection.configName=config1 -DzkHost="zkhost:2181" -DnumShards=2
-Dsolr.solr.home=/home/me/solr -jar start.jar

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Daniel Brügge <daniel.brue...@googlemail.com