Hi Christian,

Since customization is not a problem in your case, how about writing out the
userId and excluded document ids to the database when it is excluded, and then
for each query from the user (possibly identified by a userid parameter),
lookup the database by userid, construct a NOT filter out of the excluded
docIds, then send to Solr as the fq?

We are using a variant of this approach to allow database style wildcard search
on document titles.

-sujit