Hi,

Our application sometimes generates queries with one of the constraints:
    field:[* TO *]

I expected this query performance to be the same as if we omitted the "field" constraint completely. However, I see the performance of the two queries to differ drastically (3ms without all-wildcard constraint, 200ms with it).

Could someone explain the source of the difference, please?

I am fixing the application not to generate such queries, obviously, but still would like to understand the logic here. We use Solr 3.6.1. Thanks.

-- Aleksey