After playing with this more, i think I have some clue...

on the standalone solr, when i give start 11 and rows 20, i can see
documents with positions ranging from 12 to 31, which is correct... on the
cloud, when i give the same parameters, again i get the same documents, but
this time position ranges between 1 to 20...

so my question... cloud uses some different class for responding to the
search request? if so, are there any other ways to find those classes out
other than digging the code?

-----
Zeki ama calismiyor... Calissa yapar...