This is really not the use-case faceting is designed for, I don't think
there's really any good way to speed this case up. What is the higher-level
issue you're trying to solve? Perhaps there's a better way to do it.

I'm not sure why you think altering the cache settings would help, they're
really pretty irrelevant to the faceting....

Best
Erick