Depends on whether the transformation is before or after the doc gets sent
to Solr. If you're changing the data before you give it to Solr, then you'd
have to have two fields, probably indexed=true and stored=false for the one
you search on, and indexed=false stored=true for the one you return to the
user.

This really doesn't take any more resources than using one field.....

If you put some sort of (perhaps custom) filter in place, then the original
value would go in as stored and the altered value would get in the index
and you could do both in the same field.

Best
Erick