As Mark mentioned Solr(Cloud) can be accessed through HTTP and return e.g. JSON which should be easy to handle in a javascript. But the client-part (SolrJ) of Solr is not just a dumb client interface - it provides a lot of client-side functionality, e.g. some intelligent decision making based on ZK state. I would probably try to see if I could make SolrJ and in particular CloudSolrServer (yes its a client, even though the name does not indicate) work. Maybe you will successful using one of: * https://github.com/nearinfinity/node-java to embed CloudSolrServer in node.js * use GWT to compile CloudSolrServer to javascript (I would imagine it will be hard to make it work though)

Regards, Per Steffensen

Luis Cappa Banda skrev:
Hello!

I've always used Java as the backend language to program search modules,
and I know that CloudSolrServer implementation is the way to interact with
SolrCloud. However, I'm starting to love Node.js and I was wondering if
there exists the posibility to launch queries to a SolrCloud with the "old
fashioned" sharding syntax.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards.