From: Jack Krupansky [mailto:j...@basetechnology.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:35 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: "order" question on solr multi value field

"A multi-valued field is the same as a single-valued field with the
positions artifically incremented"

Yes, for the INDEX. But the concept of Lucene-level "positions" is not
relevant to STORED values.

I'm not sure why you are confusing the two.

A single string has guaranteed order of the characters in the string -
nobody was disputing that!

Sure, you can argue that the contract is semi-sort-of-implied, but the point
is that we should make it explicit. If I have time later today I'll file the
Jira.

-- Jack Krupansky