hi there,

I am quite new to Solr and have a very basic question about storing and
indexing the document.

I am trying with the Solr example, and when I run command like 'java -jar
post.jar foo/test.xml', it gives me the feeling that solr will index the
given file, no matter where it is store, and solr won't re-store this file
to some other location in the file system.  Am I correct?

If I want use file system to manage the document, it seem like it is better
to define some location, which will be used to store all the potential
files(It may need some processing to move/copy/upload the files to this
location), then use solr to index them under this location. Am I correct?

Cheers,
Nick