From: Jack Krupansky [mailto:j...@basetechnology.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:07 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: MoreLikeThis supporting multiple document IDs as input?

MLT has both a request handler and a search component.

The MLT handler returns similar documents only for the first document that
the query matches.

The MLT search component returns similar documents for each of the documents
in the search results, but processes each search result base document one at
a time and keeps its similar documents segregated by each of the base
documents.

It sounds like you wanted to merge the base search results and then find
documents similar to that merged super-document. Is that what you were
really seeking, as opposed to what the MLT component does? Unfortunately,
you can't do that with the components as they are.

You would have to manually merge the values from the base documents and then
you could POST that text back to the MLT handler and find similar documents
using the posted text rather than a query. Kind of messy, but in theory that
should work.

-- Jack Krupansky