I would suggest asking this on the zookeeper user list.

And let us know here what you find out, I'd be interested.

Note, zookeeper, as I understand it, uses its own protocol, so to some
reasonable extent it probablmy depends on yr load balancer. Also, as I
understand it, zookeeper maintains active connections to solr hosts,
which is not a common scenario for load balances as I understand it.

Upayavira