That's probably as official as anything ever gets around here.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Miller
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 11:47 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr 4 (CloudSolrServer and LBHttpSolrServer question)

I'm going to push *hard* for a Jan release. Woe to those that get in my way :)

- Mark

On Jan 4, 2013, at 11:37 AM, Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org> wrote:

On 1/4/2013 8:54 AM, Luis Cappa Banda wrote:
Any release stimation date, Mark? I heard something about January. I was
considering using 4.0 for production but if 4.1 release is incomming I
could wait a little more.

I'm not a committer, but I contribute the occasional patch and keep an eye on things so I know where things are with the issues that I file.

Right after Christmas, the number of open Lucene and Solr issues for 4.1 was well over 400. Just before the new year, the triage for a 4.1 release began. Most of those issues got moved to 4.2, and now that we're into the new year, I see tons of work being done to close the issues that remain in 4.1. Right now there are 57 open SOLR issues and 47 open LUCENE issues. It's likely that some of those will be bumped to 4.2 or closed without action, but that's pretty much the working list.

Total speculation: A release before the end of January is *possible*, if no major hurdles are encountered. Realistically, I don't know if it's going to happen, but I remain hopeful.

Solr 4.1 open issues:
http://goo.gl/60oyB

Lucene 4.1 open issues:
http://goo.gl/ckyxX