On 1/8/2013 7:30 AM, Michael Jones wrote:
Hi,

What would be the best fieldtype for a persons name? at the moment I'm
using text_general but, if I search for bob smith, some results I get back
might be rob thomas. In that it's matched 'ob'.

But I only really want results that are either

'bob smith'
'bob, smith'
'smith, bob'
'smith bob'

A search for bob smith could only match rob thomas if the fieldtype includes the edge ngram filter, or if you do a fuzzy term search, or if the fieldtype includes a stemming filter that turns bob, robert, and rob into the same root word. Eliminate all those things and it should work like you expect.

Thanks,
Shawn