Hi,

Simple question, I hope.

Using the nightly build of 4.1 from yesterday (Jan 8, 2013), I started 6 Solr
nodes.
I issued the following command to create a collection with 3 shards, and a
replication factor=2.  So a total of 6 shards.
     curl
'http://localhost:11000/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=consumer1&numShards=3&replicationFactor=2'
The end result was the following shard distribution:
    shard1 - node #13, #15  (with #13 as leader)
   shard2 - node #15, #16  (with #15 as leader)
   shard3 - node #11, #16  (with #11 as leader)

Since I am using the default value of 1 for 'maxShardsPerNode', I was surprised
to see that Solr created two shards on instance #16.  I expected that each Solr
node (there are 6) would each be assigned one shard from the collection.  Is
this a bug or expected behavior?

Thanks,
James