Thanks Otis and Jack for your responses.

We are trying to use embeddedsolr server with a solr query as follows:

EmbeddedSolrServer server = new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, "");
        SolrQuery solrQuery = new  SolrQuery(luceneQuery.toString()); //
Here luceneQuery is a dismax query with additional filters
QueryResponse rsp = server.query(solrQuery);

The toString method does not give us good results and
server.query(solrQuery) fails.

As otis has suggested, we are going to take a look at LuceneQueryParser
more closely.

Thanks,

Jagdish