And to add a little to this, since it looked ugly below, the
$response.response.response.numFound thing is something I'm going to improve to
make it leaner and cleaner to get at the actual result set and other response
structures.  $response is the actual SolrQueryResponse, and navigating that
down to numFound through NamedLists and so on is pretty ridiculous looking.

        Erik