There's no really easy way that I know of. I've seen several approaches
used though

1> do it in the UI. This assumes that your users aren't typing in raw
queries, they're picking field names from a drop-down or similar. Then the
UI maps the chosen fields into what the schema defines.

2> Do it in the middleware when assembling the query to pass through. Be
careful with the translations though, there always seem to be edge cases.

3> What you're suggesting. Unless you're really fluent in parsers (they
give me indigestion)  I'd think about a query component.

Best
Erick