Thanks, Mark.

The relevant commit on the solrcloud branch appears to be 1231134 and is
focused on the recovery aspect of SolrCloud:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?diff_format=h&view=revision&revision=1231134
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/solrcloud/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/SnapPuller.java?diff_format=h&r1=1231133&r2=1231134&;

I tried changed the check on our 4.0 test cluster to:

boolean isFullCopyNeeded =
IndexDeletionPolicyWrapper.getCommitTimestamp(commit) >= latestVersion
          || commit.getGeneration() >= latestGeneration || forceReplication;

and that fixed our post-reindexing HTTP replication issues. But I'm not
sure if that check works for all of the cases that SnapPuller is designed
for.

--Gregg