What modifications did you make?   If you changed the field name (it's
literally 'name') in the example, you'll need to change the JavaScript
(terms.fl parameter) in the autocomplete stuff in conf/velocity/head.vm, and
also the 'name' reference in suggest.vm.  That should be all you need to change
for that.

Check your Solr log/console output and see what the actual requests being made
to Solr are formed as, and give those a try directly through your browser to
see what is returned to troubleshoot it further.

        Erik