I have a handler on my broker core which has defType=edismax and a shards parameter in solrconfig.xml. Currently the handler referenced on each shard in the shards parameter is a handler that does NOT have defType defined. The defType parameter is not in the URL that the client sends.

It just occurred to me that perhaps the shard queries should be sent to a handler with defType=edismax ... is that right, or is my current approach OK?

I've had the edismax handler defined for a long time, but it's only been in the last few days that it's actually seeing any use.

Thanks,
Shawn