----- Messaggio originale -----
Da: Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
A: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Inviato: Lunedì 21 Gennaio 2013 12:35
Oggetto: Re: Delete all Documents in the Example (Solr 4.0)

>On 1/21/2013 11:27 AM, O. Olson wrote:
>> http://localhost:8983/solr/update
>>
>> and I got a 404 too. I then looked at
>> /example-DIH/solr/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml and it seems to have
>> <requestHandler
>> name="/update" class="solr.UpdateRequestHandler"  />.
>>
>> I am confused why I am getting a 404 if /update has a
>> handler?

>You need to send the request to /solr/corename/update ... if you are using the
>solr example, most likely the core is named "collection1" so the URL would be
>/solr/collection1/update.
>
>There is a lot of information out there that has not been updated since before
>multicore operation became the default in Solr examples.
>
>The example does have defaultCoreName defined, but I still see lots of people
>that run into problems like this, so I suspect that it isn't always honored.
>
>Thanks,
>Shawn

Thank you Shawn for the hint. Can someone tell me how to
figure out the corename?

http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/update

did not seem to work for me. I then saw that /example/example-DIH/solr/db
had a conf and data directory, so I assumed it to be core. I then tried

http://localhost:8983/solr/db/update?stream.body=<commit/>

which worked for me i.e. the documents in the index got
deleted.

Thanks again,
O. O.