From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_luc...@fucit.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:40 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: firstSearcher and NewSearcher parameters

: OK I guess I see how that makes sense.  If I use function queries for
: affecting the scoring of results, does it help to include those in the
: warm up queries or does the same thing go for those also?  IE is it
: useless to add <str name="q">{!boost%20b=... ?

boosts on *queries* probably won't affect your warming queries (unless you have
concerned about a particularly important/expensive query and you always want
that exact query to be warmed) but if you typically boost on some functions of
field values then including those functions in your warming queries can be
helpul to ensure that the field caches for the fields used in those functions
are warmed up.

-Hoss