On 4 February 2013 13:29, Rohan Thakur <rohan.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi arcadius
>
> can you also help me with partial document update...I have followed what is
> written in this blog but its giving me error....
> http://solr.pl/en/2012/07/09/solr-4-0-partial-documents-update/
>
> error im getting after this command :
> C:\Users\rohan>curl localhost:8983/solr/update?commit=true -H
> Content-type:appli
> cation/json -d [{"value":"samsung-s5610-gray","value":{"set":samsung-111}}]
[...]

I am guessing it is a shell-quoting problem. Please follow
the instructions in that blog carefully. You probably need to
double-quote any values that should be strings, e.g.,
samsung-111, and need to put the entire argument of
-d within single quotes (do not put any other single quotes
inside this argument unless you escape them properly).

Regards,
Gora