You could use LocalSolrQueryRequest to create the request, but it is not
necessary, if all what you need is to get the lucene query parser, just do:

import org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic.QueryParser

qp = new QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_40, defaultField, new SimpleAnalyzer());
Query q = qp.parse(queryString)

hth

roman