If your field changes that often, you probably do not want to reindex Solr
to match. You will loose all caches on every commit.

Maybe you are looking at something like ExternalFileField but backed by a
database?
http://sujitpal.blogspot.ca/2011/05/custom-sorting-in-solr-using-external.html

Regards,
    Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)