Hi,

I use Solr 3.6.0 with a synonym filter as the last filter at index time, using
a list of stemmed terms. When i do a wildcard search that matches a part of an
entry on the synonym list, the synonyms found are used by solr to generate the
search results. I am trying to disable that behaviour, but with no success.

Example:

Stemmed synonyms:
apfelsin, orang

Search term:
apfel*

Matches:
Apfelkuchen, Apfelsaft, Apfelsine... (good, i want these matches)
Orange (bad, i dont want this match)

My questions are:
- Why does the synonym filter react on a wildcard query? For it is not a
multiterm-aware component (see
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api-3_6_1/org/apache/solr/analysis/MultiTermAwareComponent.html)
- How can i disable this behaviour, so that "Orange" is no longer returned by
the query for "apfel*"?

Regards,

Johannes