James,

I debugged it until I found where things go 'wrong'.

Apparently the current implementation VariableResolver does not allow the
use of a period '.' in any variable/property key you want to use... It's
reserved for namespaces.
Personally I would really love to use a period in my variable/property key
names, and see no reason why this should be an issue...

So, using for example
solr.dataimport.jdbcDriver=org.h2.Driver
will not work

using just:
jdbcDriver=org.h2.Driver

works fine...

So i will rename all my properties... but took me hours to find out why
something that used to work stopped working...

I have never had problems of using periods in any properties
file... apparently Solr is the only project that doesn't allow the use of
periods...

Even if this would be documented in a way that persons can find this
documentation, i guess it would be better to just allow periods by changing
the implementation of the VariableResolver just a little...

00.43 now... off to bed.

Let me know what you think,
Daniel