Hi Peter,

Your "original query" didn't make it to the mailing list.  You're experiencing
a long-standing nabble bug: nabble eats code.  (I've told them about it a
couple of times, but the problem persists, so I guess they're not interested in
fixing it.)

My suggestion: don't use nabble for posting to mailing lists.  Or put code
snippets up on a third-party text sharing facility, e.g. pastebin, github gist,
etc.

Steve