Query time boost function seem to be loaded via local params while boost
functions defined in solrconfig.xml get added to a request globally.
QParser.geParams
public String getParam(String name) {
    String val;
    if (localParams != null) {
      val = localParams.get(name);
      if (val != null) return val;
    }
    return params.get(name);
  }
indicates we can use only one of them with local params overriding the
global one's.

Is there a way to use both? The use case is that I want to apply
parameterized boosts on top of boost functions in solrconfig.xml

To simulate this functionality I can either
- Define a custom QParser.
- Define a custom RequestHandler/SearchComponent
In both cases I can inject local params into request's params and further
do string replace's for some args.
Is there a better way of doing things?

Also are static boost methods in solrconfig.xml loaded only once vs
frequent parsing of queries in query time boosts?
Suchi