Let me start out by saying that I am just learning Solr now.  Solr is
splitting a word and I am not sure why.  The word is mcmurdo.  If I do a
search for McMurdo it picks it up.  If I do a search for just murdo it will
also pick it up.  If I search for mcmurdo, I get nothing.

"womens-mcmurdo-ii-boots"  that is the data in the name field that is
getting copied to the name_search field without the quotes.  This is what we
are feeding into solr

The data is coming from a filed called name_search which is copied from a
field called name.  Below is the description for name_search in the
schema_browser.

Field Type: TEXT

Properties: Indexed, Tokenized, Omit Norms

Schema: Indexed, Tokenized, Omit Norms

Index: (unstored field)

Copied From: NAME

Position Increment Gap: 100

Index Analyzer: org.apache.solr.analysis.TokenizerChain DETAILS

Tokenizer Class: org.apache.solr.analysis.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory

Filters:

org.apache.solr.analysis.StopFilterFactory args:{words: stopwords.txt
ignoreCase: true enablePositionIncrements: true }
org.apache.solr.analysis.WordDelimiterFilterFactory args:{splitOnCaseChange:
1 generateNumberParts: 1 catenateWords: 1 generateWordParts: 1 catenateAll:
0 catenateNumbers: 1 }
org.apache.solr.analysis.SynonymFilterFactory args:{synonyms:
index_synonyms.txt expand: false ignoreCase: true }
org.apache.solr.analysis.LowerCaseFilterFactory args:{}
org.apache.solr.analysis.EnglishPorterFilterFactory args:{protected:
protwords.txt }
org.apache.solr.analysis.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory args:{}
Query Analyzer: org.apache.solr.analysis.TokenizerChain DETAILS

Tokenizer Class: org.apache.solr.analysis.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory

Filters:

org.apache.solr.analysis.SynonymFilterFactory args:{synonyms: synonyms.txt
expand: true ignoreCase: true }
org.apache.solr.analysis.StopFilterFactory args:{words: stopwords.txt
ignoreCase: true }
org.apache.solr.analysis.WordDelimiterFilterFactory args:{splitOnCaseChange:
1 generateNumberParts: 1 catenateWords: 0 generateWordParts: 1 catenateAll:
0 catenateNumbers: 0 }
org.apache.solr.analysis.LowerCaseFilterFactory args:{}
org.apache.solr.analysis.EnglishPorterFilterFactory args:{protected:
protwords.txt }
org.apache.solr.analysis.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory args:{}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.