I'm exploring a switch from Lucene to Solr in a Java EE webapp.

We have a method called getHitIds() that accepts as a parameter a
Lucene "Query" object:

http://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/3_0_0/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/Query.html

My IDE is telling me I can't simply pass it a "SolrQuery" object instead:

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_1_0/solr-solrj/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/SolrQuery.html

... so I'm finding myself significantly rewriting and changing how
search works just to get something working in Solr:

change getHitIds() param from Query to SolrQuery
https://github.com/IQSS/dvn/commit/688bbe6

I'd rather just keep the existing business logic in place, if
possible. That is to say, I'd like getHitIds() to return the same list
of IDs, but with Solr instead of Lucene.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Phil

--
http://greptilian.com